Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Ohio and Texas Primary Results

My observations are my own and not that of my three Australian Shepherds who may or may not agree. In my opinion, the longer the Dems drag out their nominating process, the more it works to the advantage of the Republicans and the more likely it is we'll be addressing John McCain next year as "Mr. President". Sen. McCain will spend this time building his war chest and getting copies of the Dems attack ads against one another, while Clinton and Obama spend their war chests flailing away at one another. In a year in which the perfect storm was building to the disadvantage of the Republicans - Iraq, housing industry collapse, $4 a gallon gasoline, the economy in the tank, the loss of civil liberties - leave it to the Gang Who Couldn't Shoot Straight (i.e. the Democrats) to fumble away their opportunity to retake the White House. If the stakes weren't so high, it would actually be funny to watch. That's not to say Sen. McCain won't make a fine president. I just think the problems facing our country requires a long and serious discussion between the two major party candidates as soon as, and for as long as possible. My opinion.

2 comments:

Beth said...

So are your shepherds registered democrats? I don't mean to pry....

Jeff S. said...

The boys prefer to remain mum on their political persuasion, although I did catch Grady, the youngest one, watching Real Time with Bill Maher last Friday night after Mom and Dad went to sleep. I gave him a treat and said, "Good boy!"